Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I believe in paying tithing.

"Bring ye all the tithes...and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."
Malachi 3:10

I believe this 100%. I know I've shared experiences with tithing before, but it's important to me that when I recognize them, I record it so my children will know I have an unfailing testimony of this principle. 

A couple weeks ago I was balancing our checkbook, comparing it to our account online. I was frustrated when I realized online it was saying there was less in our account than what I was calculating, and no matter how many times I went over things, I could not figure out where I messed up. 

Two Sundays ago I brought our tithing to church but never ended up turning it in because they were out of envelopes. During the next week, I knew things would get tight, waiting for payday, and we may end up dipping into that money that was set aside in the check for tithing. In the back of my mind, though, I thought we could just pay ourselves back at the next payday, or pay all the tithing then, if we did end up needing to use some of it.  

This last Sunday, still five days to go until payday, I turned in our tithing check, knowing it would make this weekvery tight. I turned it in because I knew we'd be blessed for it. I also feel strongly that tithing should be paid first before the other bills and expenses are paid. So now three days later, still waiting for payday and worrying that we could even possibly overdraw because some unexpected things were deducted that I hadn't remembered, I got online to balance the checkbook, and our balance online is more than what I have added up. And no matter how many times I've gone over it, I cannot figure out where I've messed up. 

There is no doubt in my mind that this is a blessing because we paid our tithing this week. I don't know how it works, and I don't need to know, but I do know the Lord will always bless us when we pay a full tithe. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who is aware of me, of our family, and gives us these experiences so that our testimonies can grow stronger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment